Welcome the second reveal post for the fun QAL Play with Me!
This is a wonderful Skill Builder, because every month I will be featuring a different technique and we will have step by step instructions to walk you through the entire process, from cut to finishing!
If you missed last week post (with the reveal of the final project and a useful QAL planner) visit the Play with Me QAL page! You will find all the details there!
I recommend you to subscribe to the QAL announcements via email, so you don't miss out on future posts! You find the subscription form on the same QAL page.
Now let's get down to some details.
RULES: yes, I know, these are the least fun part of the QAL, but we need rules, so please read them carefully! If you have questions you can always comment on a post and if you leave your contact I will get back to you with an answer!! :)
- I will share one block/pattern a month for 9 months.
- Each pattern will be shared for free to people that follow along: this means that if you don't make the pattern for the current month, you won't receive next month pattern for free.
- All patterns will be available for sale in my shop for a small fee.
- Late comers are welcome, but they will have to purchase any patterns they have missed. Late comers will have to email me for the current month pattern (it will be shared for free). Please do not distribute my patterns without written consent.
- Each block/pattern will feature a different technique (bargello, foundation paper piecing, english paper piecing, applique, reverse applique, ...) and the patterns come with step by step tutorials on how to make the finished block. Each pattern offers 3 different finishing options: a picnic size quilt (connecting all the boards together at the end of the QAL), a simple placemat or a roll-up travel set (with zipper pouch to hold game pieces or tableware).
- each week I will share tips and ideas on how to quilt each block, how to make the game pieces and other fun things connected to the game of the month (these will be shared here on this blog and will remain free forever).
So, the main rule for the QAL is that you need to share the board block before the next month pattern is released. It should be shared by 11:59 pm EST the day before the next month patterns goes live (for the specific dates, please refer to the QAL planner shared in the previous post).
Note that you won't have to complete the sashing or the travel set: just the board game should be finished, so it's not that hard to follow along!
But where can you share your wonderful and inspiring blocks?
A picture of the completed block can be shared in any of the following places:
- (preferred) I host a link party here! I have a blog post dedicated to the link party with instructions on how link either blog posts, FB pictures or Instagram pictures!
- send me a picture directly via email (my email is in all my patterns)
- post a picture in the AlidaTweloqDesigns FB group
- post a picture in the FlickR group
** VERY IMPORTANT **
If you only post your block on our FB group or on Flickr, you NEED to send me an email notification about the submission, because I need your email address to send you the next month pattern. While I can get that information automatically from the link party, I cannot have that from FB or Flickr. It is YOUR responsibility to reach out to me, as I cannot hunt down your email address.
** EXTREMELY IMPORTANT **
I am only human! :)
At any point during the QAL, if you feel that you should have got the pattern but I didn't send it to you, just send me an email and remind me where you shared your block. I will do my best to keep track of who is sharing what, but I am only human, so please be patient!
So are you excited about this QAL?
I surely am!! Grab my button and share the love! The more people join in, the more fun it will be!!
Next week I will share more details about fabric requirements.
Remember: all the details about the series are collected in the QAL web page.